Born in 1985 in Egypt, Ramy Adly is an accomplished composer and performer. His early love of ancient music has led to a lifetime of devoted study of perfecting the knowledge, technique, and performance on the Oud. He has appeared hundreds of times as a soloist in opera houses, theaters, cathedrals and churches, and classic sets for VIPs, often including amazing professional musicians from around the world. People from all over the world attend his fine concerts – politicians, artists, academics, philosophers, film directors, and ambassadors. Many of them have become Ramy’s good friends.
Graduated from the Arab Oud House after performing his recital concert which lasted more than an hour and a half, before a public audience, the media and the jury that gave him the degree of “Soloist of the most Excellent level”.
Commission jurors were: Maestro Selim Sahab; cellist Dr. Emad Ashour, professor Dr.Atef Abdel El-Hamid, the Dean of the Institute of Arabic music and the great artist, composer, oud virtuoso, Naseer Shamma.
Recent Notable Accomplishments
- Composed and performed the musical score for the upcoming feature film “Day Of War”, 2012. directed by David Cunningham (To End All Wars) & produced by Grant Curtis (OZ the Great and Powerful, Spiderman 1, 2, and 3).
- Composed and performed soundtrack for the play, “Blood Wedding”, by Spanish playwright Garcia Lurca ,Spanish director Marco Juthato with the actors of October Six University. The Newspapers, El-Haram and El-Gamhoria reviews praised the music performance and composition.
- Composed, Performed and conducted the Concert at the Cathedral of St. Luke’s in Florida, The music was specifically composed for this concert for choir and pipe organ (5000 pipes). Pieces performed: “Overture Harvest”, “Remember Me” and “A Sense of Victory”. The Cathedral Choir of 40 singers as well as cellist, Jules Bloloshak ,rythm, Munib Massad trumpet,Benoit Glazer.
Concerts and musical performances and posts
- Ramy Adly’s concert at Arab Oud House, under the auspices of the Cultural Development Fund and the Egyptian Ministry of Culture, concert was entitled Sufi Rhapsody known as (Tourists of the Heavens). He performed the works of El-Hallaj and traditional Christian songs, literature songs by Naseer Shamma, in the presence of the Naseer Shamma and a group of artists and the media Arabic Oud House, Cairo Egypt, 2012.
- Ramy Adly’s concert at The Cathedral of St. Luke’s, the biggest cathedral of Central Florida, United States of America, in which he composed the music specifically for choir and for the pipe organ consisting of 5000 Pipes. Ramy collaborated with the amazing Organ player by Ben Lane, choir consisting of 40 singers, as well as guitarist Jules Poloshek Shiloh, percussion Munib Massad and trumpet maestro Benoit Glazer, the concert was attended by a audience of American and Egyptian public, Florida, U.S.A, 2014.
- Participated in the First International Oud Forum at Cairo Opera House, conducted by Naseer Shamma with the participation of 30 outstanding Oud musicians. These artists were from the Middle East and the Arab world. The International Oud Forum, Cairo Opera House, Grand Theatre, Egypt 2010.
- Performed a solo concert at the third American film festival in Florida 2014 before an audience of filmmakers, actors, artists, directors and producers.
- Ramy Adly and his band performed a concert at the International Book Forum in Nasr City. They performed pieces of Egyptian traditional music and melodies by Sayed Darwish and Mohamed Abdel Wahab and other Iraqi traditional pieces by Nazem al-Ghazali, using the rhythms of Africa and Egypt performed by percussionist Scottish Stuart Dickson, Fady Azia from Cairo, Egypt. 2012
- Performed a solo concert of chamber music at the concert hall called the White House, Florida, which is managed by trumpet player Benoit Glazer Mestro and director of the Canadian Cirque du Soleil. Florida 2013- 2014.
- Participated in a concert with the artist Naseer Shamma and the Orchestra El-Sharq, whose members are among the best musicians in the Middle East, in the city of Ismailia, Egypt in the presence of the Minister of Agriculture and Minister of Industry and a group of artists, Ismailia, Egypt, 2009.
- Ramy Adly concert, at Aloma Church, this concert attracted a large American audience mostly unfamiliar with the Oud Instrument. He introduced the Oud for the first time to the public there. The program consisted of works of art that combines the Western and Arabic cultures. Jules Poloshik, cellist and percussionist Marc Powder, music compositions by Ramy Adly , traditional middle eastern and Naseer Shamma’s compositions. Florida. 2013.
- Participated in performance with Naseer Shamma and the El-Sharq Orchestra at the opening ceremony of the Arabic Oud House at the Library of Alexandria, where Ramy taught Oud and Eastern and Western music theory as a resident artist at the Library of Alexandria under the supervision of Naseer Shamma. The performance was on the grand stage at the Library of Alexandria, Alexandria, 2011.
- Participated in Orchestral concert at the Arabic Oud House, El-Sawy theater, concert conducted by Naseer Shamma. Cairo, 2010.
- Participated with the chamber concert playing at the Arabic Oud House led by Naseer Shamma under the auspices of the Egyptian Ministry of Culture. House Cairo, Egypt, 2010.
- Participated with the Arabic Oud House chamber ensemble playing in the Arabic Oud House concert which was televised on direct air satellite channels with Naseer Shamma, Egypt, 2010.
- Collaborated with the artist Charbel Rouhana and group at The First International Egyptian Oud Forum, Opera, Small theater in 2010 Cairo Opera House.
- Performed solo at TEDx conference which was attended by a large number of students from the University of Alexandria, music enthusiasts and Oud Students from Alexandria Arabic Oud House. The TEDx conference took place at the Library of Alexandria, Grand Theatre, 2011.
- Ramy Adly Solo concert at the Mauka theater, Hawaii, where he played in the Arabic musical traditions of Iraq, Egypt and Syria and global music. He performed solo Oud in a concert that lasted more than an hour to an international audience representing more than 45 countries from all over the world. Hawaii (U.S.A), 2012.
- Solo performance at Assiut University at the graduation ceremony. Egypt, 2009.
- International concert in Washington,DC, where Ramy performed his composition, “A Sense of Victory”, written in Hawaii, 2012, this concert was attended by more than 450 concert goers. Washington, October, 2014.
- Ramy Adly, Concert, at the Word of God Church, Washington, DC, Ramy was described as , “Legendary Musician of Egypt” in May 2014. Washington, DC.
- Participated in several concerts with musicians from Spain, Brazil, the United States, Canada and Norway, America, U.S.A, 2012.
Awards and scholarships
- 2011 holds a scholarship to study international performing arts at Hawaiian
University. United States.
- Holds a certificate of performing arts from the University of The Nation includes, classical dance, theater and music. Studied with experts in the field international, cinema and theater. Hawaii in 2012.
- An award-winning best soloist of Assiut University in 2008.
- A Bachelor of Business Administration degree, 2010.
- Post-graduate specialist certificate in Oud performance, 2011. Arab Oud House Academy, Cairo Egypt. Studied under Naseer Shamma
- Bachelor in Business Administration, 2010. Assuit University, Assuit, Egypt.
- International Conference on Oud Performance, 2010. Cairo Opera House, Cairo, Egypt.
- Co-led instructional workshops on Oud ethnomusicology and performance with Professor Mehmet Betmas (Turkey), and Dr. Charbil Rohanna (Lebanon).
Founder of School Of Oud Online project 2013-present
- The first original online project for teaching classical Oud music to students from over around the world.
- Teaches students from: Russia, Denmark, Turkey, Greece, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Norway, USA and others.
- Created website (www.ramyadly.com) for marketing teaching skills and performances to potential clients.
- Lecturer of Oud Performance, Alexandria Library, 2011-2012. Alexandria, Egypt.
- Gave individual instruction to a studio of approximately 20 musicians.
- Researcher, General Authority Library and national Archives, Alexandria Library, 2006-2011. Alexandria, Egypt.
- Researched Sufi, Jewish and Middle Eastern ethnomusicology and the chronology of Egyptian music. Results of research directly impacted performance pedagogy used with performance students.
- Lecturer of Oud Performance, 2009-2012.Arab Oud Academy, Cairo, Egypt.
- Work in the field of therapeutic music for two months in a hospital for the mentally ill in Hawaii, 2012.
- Rhapsody oud Sufi and lute, Egypt, 2012
- Sound like a photo, Cairo, Egypt 2011
- A Sense of Victory, Hawaii, USA, 2012
- Overture of Harvest, Florida, United States 2014
- Remember Me, Florida, United States 2014
- Fantasia Oud and Organ, Florida. America 2014
- Day Of War, Hawaii, America 2012
Ramy loved to read poets and to work in Ethnomusicology jobs and to do a concerts ,reading to Mahmoud Darwish and Ahmed Fouad Negm and Ali Mansour, Badr Shaker El-Sayab.
It poets and mystics El-Sayyab, E-Hallaj and Ibn Arabi and others who hosted the profound experiences in his concerts.
Ramy read in several areas, including philosophy and fine arts, painting and global industry, philosophy, logic, Egyptian and American literature and Spanish literature and cinema.
Nominated musician is the author of the work of the Arab dramas to work soundtrack Teeter Series and acts of the play.
He traveled to England and visited by his cultural and historical monuments in the prestigious London, including the British Museum, who examined it for the God of the ancient lute-old in 2350 BC. Promised cathedrals and historic places that are characterized by the United Kingdom, December, 2014.
Commented frequently by Professor Naseer Shamma and Rami, who learn a lot from him and a lot of musical, artistic and cultural secrets in general.Testimony.